Hello from a newby in sunny Poole

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
SteveH
Hello from a newby in sunny Poole

Post by SteveH » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a bit of an old chap who has rediscovered the joys air guns. We had a rat problem so I bought a cheap rifle, and the little dears then left home without a shot fired. I swapped it for a pistol (an older Tempest) and never regretted my move. Since then I have collected a few that took my fancy and I take pleasure in researching some of the older and more unusual guns, and in the case of those I own I enjoy making them look and work well. I can't say that I have a favorite and I suppose that would best be described as the one that I'm using at the time. I have such precision giants from our past as the Tell 2 and a Gem rifle, both of which are most accurate when thrown at the target from within 6 metres, and they provide me with hours of fun trying to hit the target, anywhere on the target. I also have a more modern toy in the form of a much modified Crosman 2240. It may be boringly accurate, I however seem to shake like a jelly in an earthquake whenever I point a gun so the challenge of the bull's eye is still ever-present.
Well, I'm off for a romp around the site, best wishes, Steve

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Hello from a newby in sunny Poole

Post by pmh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Hello Steve,

And welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Hello from a newby in sunny Poole

Post by zunmik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Welcome from another oldie 19 ish?? enjoy the website & your airguns, mike. ;)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.