Steyr cylinders non manometer type

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
leadhead
Steyr cylinders non manometer type

Post by leadhead » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 am

I have a couple of older style Steyr pistol cylinders. The ones with the pop out indicator on the nose. Before the manometer type.
Would like to self service them, to use as backups. Could anyone offer any help or info on such a project please.

mikehill

Re: Steyr cylinders non manometer type

Post by mikehill » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:13 pm

I recently had mine done by Harry, £75 for two which seems very reasonable. They didn't just change seals though, they replaced the whole block in the connecting end. Maybe it's more than just seals ?

DFWdude

Post by DFWdude » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm

leadhead wrote:I have a couple of older style Steyr pistol cylinders. The ones with the pop out indicator on the nose. Before the manometer type.
Would like to self service them, to use as backups. Could anyone offer any help or info on such a project please.
Can you post a picture of the pop-out indicator, please? I have a Steyr "CO2 Match" pistol (pre LP1) from 1991 and these non-manometer cylinders have nothing on the "nose."

webley701

Post by webley701 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:14 pm

DFWdude wrote:
leadhead wrote:I have a couple of older style Steyr pistol cylinders. The ones with the pop out indicator on the nose. Before the manometer type.
Can you post a picture of the pop-out indicator, please? I have a Steyr "CO2 Match" pistol (pre LP1) from 1991 and these non-manometer cylinders have nothing on the "nose."
The pop out pressure indicator at the end of the tank was only used on the air cylinders, it was never used on the Co2 versions like yours as it would have been effectively useless. Likewise only the air tanks had a manometer (pressure gauge) on the end - the Co2 tanks maintain full pressure until all the liquid Co2 converts to gas hence no need for a gauge.

Regards
Russell