feinwerkbau 100

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Mattdale
feinwerkbau 100

Post by Mattdale » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi,
I've been after a high powered SSP for a while now (big fan of the Daisy 717) and finally managed to get my hands on a lightly used 1988 FWB100 from Germany.
I stripped it and gave it a good clean and fitted new seals and it's as good as new.
Tried it out today......what an awesome pistol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyGL4hvLwQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

200g lighter than my FWB90 too, I'm well happy with it.

SS Pneumatic's are great pistols to shoot.

Cheers.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: feinwerkbau 100

Post by zunmik » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Sounds tasty, if you do go for the "Daisy" later go for the 747 or 777 both very good, i to was an SSP fan which i used in comps in my shooting days, atb, Mike. 8-)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 pm

zunmik wrote:Sounds tasty, if you do go for the "Daisy" later go for the 747 or 777 both very good, i to was an SSP fan which i used in comps in my shooting days, atb, Mike. 8-)
I've got the 717, (made a target grip for it, will post a pic later) the trigger is heavy but I'm not about to do the Nygard trigger mod on it :o I'm in the market for the 747 or 777 but only seen one on sale in the last year and missed it!

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi.....If it's ok, I can let you know when I see a 747 or a 777 for sale.
Webleys x5...BSA x3...BSF x2...Diana x 10...Weirauch x6...Crosman/Franklin x7...Gamo x5...Chiappas x1...Hatsan x1...
Browning x2...Feinwerkbau x1...Baikel x3...Cometa x2...FB Record x2...Hyscore x2...Westlake x1...etc...etc...

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:42 am

When I fix my time machine......gotta remember to look at those dates.
Webleys x5...BSA x3...BSF x2...Diana x 10...Weirauch x6...Crosman/Franklin x7...Gamo x5...Chiappas x1...Hatsan x1...
Browning x2...Feinwerkbau x1...Baikel x3...Cometa x2...FB Record x2...Hyscore x2...Westlake x1...etc...etc...

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Finally picked up a 777 and 747.
747 is spot on, 777 is a bit erratic so will work through possible causes.

Great pistols though, triggers are lovely.

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:25 pm

I am very envious of your FWB 100. So where do you live ? Stop over and we can use my range! I've had and sold several of the 700's.
I currently have a nice 777 that I've adjusted the grip to fit me better. I attached some 1/2 inch dense foam on the palm shelf so that it truly fits my hand now,given that that the palm shelf doesn't adjust. It's super comfortable.Though I think I'm going to put a fresh valve in it.
It's nice to talk air pistol with someone, Thanks.

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:36 pm

I believe the grip on the 777 is oversized and you are supposed to cut and sand them back to fit your hand perfectly. Can’t bring myself to cut mine down though!
I doubt daisy would have imagined they’d become collectible in the future,they were just an economic target pistol.

I’m in west London btw.

Matt.

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Mattdale wrote:I believe the grip on the 777 is oversized and you are supposed to cut and sand them back to fit your hand perfectly. Can’t bring myself to cut mine down though!
I doubt daisy would have imagined they’d become collectible in the future,they were just an economic target pistol.

I’m in west London btw.

Matt.
The thing is that they are oversized so you wouldn't be wanting to remove material as much as needing to add material. I have a large hand and the shelf was too low to contact the bottom edge of my hand,so I added about 1/2 inch in height {dense foam} material to it to reach my hand. The only material removing I could see is maybe finger grooving both sides or stippling around. You'd have to have an enormous hand to require material removing from the shelf. Maybe I'll try and post a picture of my piece....the pistol...that is .

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Cankiller wrote:
Mattdale wrote:I believe the grip on the 777 is oversized and you are supposed to cut and sand them back to fit your hand perfectly. Can’t bring myself to cut mine down though!

I’m in west London btw.

Matt.
The thing is that they are oversized so you wouldn't be wanting to remove material as much as needing to add material. I have a large hand and the shelf was too low to contact the bottom edge of my hand,so I added about 1/2 inch in height {dense foam} material to it to reach my hand. The only material removing I could see is maybe finger grooving both sides or stippling around. You'd have to have an enormous hand to require material removing from the shelf. Maybe I'll try and post a picture of my piece....the pistol...that is .
I'm in Detroit.

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Mattdale wrote:Hi,
I've been after a high powered SSP for a while now (big fan of the Daisy 717) and finally managed to get my hands on a lightly used 1988 FWB100 from Germany.
I stripped it and gave it a good clean and fitted new seals and it's as good as new.
Tried it out today......what an awesome pistol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyGL4hvLwQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

200g lighter than my FWB90 too, I'm well happy with it.

SS Pneumatic's are great pistols to shoot.

Cheers.

Awesome for true.....I finally picked up a 102 in pristine shape, for a pretty penny. Since they so rarely come around I went for it. No regrets ,it's a beautiful piece of machinery. I like the double pump arm,super cool and a bit quirky. Nice and powerful too.

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:46 pm

That’s awesome, I know they always go for top dolla so one in good condition is definitely a keeper.
Post some pics if possible, it would be nice to see the old frauline

Azmodan

Post by Azmodan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi
i;m having problems with my newly bought FWB100 (from egun.de).
When i got it everything was OK. After 100 pellets (and some dry-firing) it started to not eject all the compressed air on trigger pull (when opening the pump lever air would escape, or if i cocked the gun manually, a second burst of air would come out without pumping) and the pellet flies visibly slower.

I read that the number 9 screw (from the manual trigger diagram https://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/module ... p?id=343-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) controlled the striker spring, so i screwed it in a bit. That solved the problem for a few shots, than the problem reappeared.
Now i got to the end of the screw length (no more travel space) and the gun still manifests the same problem.
If i leave it alone for some time (~15 minutes) i can get a couple of correct shots and after the problem reappears.

what could be the problem? the striker spring? the valve? the seals?

thank you

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Azmodan wrote:Hi
When i got it everything was OK. After 100 pellets (and some dry-firing) it started to not eject all the compressed air on trigger pull (when opening the pump lever air would escape, or if i cocked the gun manually, a second burst of air would come out without pumping) and the pellet flies visibly slower.

I read that the number 9 screw (from the manual trigger diagram https://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/module ... p?id=343-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) controlled the striker spring, so i screwed it in a bit. That solved the problem for a few shots, than the problem reappeared.
Now i got to the end of the screw length (no more travel space) and the gun still manifests the same problem.
If i leave it alone for some time (~15 minutes) i can get a couple of correct shots and after the problem reappears.

Hi. You need to ask Mattdale. He's the guy who stripped down the 100. I just picked up a 102 recently but I have little exoerience with the 100 series as a whole. Good luck. Air pistols rock.

thank you

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Azmodan wrote:Hi

thank you

Hi,
I had a similar issue with my 100 when I first got it.
best to strip it down and clean out all the 30 year old grease which can gum up the mechanism.
Also good idea to fit new seals:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3092137404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used this strip guide, really easy to do :

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... -Model-100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very satisfying to have it all as it would have been new, they’re not cheap so worth the effort.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Matt.