Haenel Model 28 Chrono Numbers

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Valther TPH
Haenel Model 28 Chrono Numbers

Post by Valther TPH » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:46 am

My .177 Haenel Model 28 routinely out-penetrates my slant/round-gripped .177 Webley Junior by a substantial margin with the same pellets. I don't have a chronograph and my Webley Junior may perhaps have a worn out spring, but my Haenel 28 seems to be shooting harder than its supposed mild 250-270 feet per second rating with 7-grain Hobby pellets (based on the chrono numbers from a BB Pelletier/Tom Gaylord review on the Haenel Model 28).

Has anyone (with access to a chronograph) on this forum ever gotten higher muzzle velocities or muzzle energies from their own Haenel Model 28?

Cheers,

Ron
Attachments
image.jpg

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Haenel Model 28 Chrono Numbers

Post by Certus » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:56 am

Hello Ron,

The Haenal 28, Tell 3 etc will never be powerhouses, but their compact design and high quality of manufacture makes them interesting.

I have a Haenal 28 in pretty good condition, but only shoot these older pistols on rare occasions. Although I haven't put it through a Chrono, I would estimate it to be more powerful than my Webley Juniors, but not as powerful as say my Mk1, Senior or Premier.

I will try to remember to take it to the range and do a bit of Chrono testing to maybe come-up with something a bit more scientific.

Regards

Brian

gab
Plinker
Plinker

Post by gab » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:09 am

I don't have a Haenel Model 28, but do have two Webley juniors that I have chronographed. Today, I changed both the mainspring and leather seal in one. It now has an average muzzle velocity of 345 feet per second using Crosman wadcutters. This is 38 feet per second faster than before the tune-up. Another Webley junior with a very tired main spring averages 196 feet per second with the wadcutters. It is next in line for a seal and spring replacement. They are fun little air guns.

Valther TPH

Post by Valther TPH » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 am

Certus wrote:Hello Ron,

The Haenal 28, Tell 3 etc will never be powerhouses, but their compact design and high quality of manufacture makes them interesting.

I have a Haenal 28 in pretty good condition, but only shoot these older pistols on rare occasions. Although I haven't put it through a Chrono, I would estimate it to be more powerful than my Webley Juniors, but not as powerful as say my Mk1, Senior or Premier.

I will try to remember to take it to the range and do a bit of Chrono testing to maybe come-up with something a bit more scientific.

Regards

Brian
Thanks, Brian.

My Haenel Model 28 is truly one of my favorites among the air pistols that I own.

Please show us a photo of your Tell 3.

I have a Tell 2 that I am also quite fond of.

Regards,
Ron
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Hello Ron,

I'm not a great German air pistol enthusiast, but I have the Haenal 28 and the following pre-war examples of some of the other models. Apologies for the poor quality of the pictures.

Hubertus Small & Large Frame.

Diana Mod 5

Tell 2

Tell 3

Regards

Brian

Valther TPH

Post by Valther TPH » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks for sharing the photos of your impressive collection, Brian.

Regards,
Ron