STOEGER XP4 ssp Pistol.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
STOEGER XP4 ssp Pistol.

Post by zunmik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Just got the XP4. Not just another hw40 clone, i have tried them all, much better trigger, 2 stage smooth & predictable. style much better than all including the hw40 , compression tube is different looks stronger with a very well engineered plunger for compression. Like all of these hw40 types it has the auto-safety :( , and as with all ssp pistols watch the rear sight when closing the top down. Overall i don't think it is an hw40 clone but an ssp pistol just like the gamo ssp's or the Nemesis etc. Finally accuracy appears very good early stages yet, will update when i've had it a little longer, The recoilless action much better for my old knackered joints, Mike. :handgestures-thumbupright:
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

clarky

Re: STOEGER XP4 ssp Pistol.

Post by clarky » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:19 pm

I also got try one out recently but not quite in agreement with the above post...
Trigger pretty sweet but not so nice as a HW40 ...a match for the P17 clone perhaps.
General build strenght not quite so good, even when comparing the P17 but biggest disappointment was velocity being a good 30 fps less than the HW40 variants with the pellets i had available..
Agreeing that accuracy is good.
Better looking?...dunno.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Have to agree to differ, for me trigger superior to the 40, build better than all the clones and from benchrest @ 10 metres equals the 40, better than clones, did you notice trigger adjustment on the XP4 it does work if not easy to get too. Compression tube assy far superior to others, I would be happy to shoot it in competitions as i did before shoulder injuries. Should CAPA ever re do the comps i would shoot this pistol happily. Each to their own, but for me its a great pistol. No doubt some ex-spurts will appear in due course,and correct this doddery "old fool" who's been shooting airguns for over sixty years & learnt nothing. My trophies & medals all meaningless !!....................................... :) :roll: mike.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Update, the xp4 does not like hobby pellets it won't shoot them unless the pellet is seated on the rifle-ing of the barrel, presume skirt width slightly wider or harder material in the pellet skirt, all other pellets i have tried seem fine Geco gives very good groups, and i continue to enjoy the pistol, mike.