Scorpion

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Cankiller
Scorpion

Post by Cankiller » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 am

So I have Scorpion in .177 that was only shooting at 380 fps so I took it apart and saw it needed at least a new buffer, which is the spacer behind the piston head with the O ring .So I managed to get the parts from T. Chambers. Also got a new spring as the original was pretty torqued out.Wouldn't cock at first so went back in and shortened the spring a tad. Got everything back together after clean and lube . I also managed to put in some nylon washers to reduce metal on metal contact. It's now shooting consistently at 540 fps. I'm pretty happy with that. Would love a Scorp in .22. Something to search for.
Webleys x5...BSA x3...BSF x2...Diana x 10...Weirauch x6...Crosman/Franklin x7...Gamo x5...Chiappas x1...Hatsan x1...
Browning x2...Feinwerkbau x1...Baikel x3...Cometa x2...FB Record x2...Hyscore x2...Westlake x1...etc...etc...

Cankiller

Re: Scorpion

Post by Cankiller » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Cankiller wrote:So I have Scorpion in .177 that was only shooting at 380 fps so I took it apart and saw it needed at least a new buffer, which is the spacer behind the piston head with the O ring .So I managed to get the parts from T. Chambers. Also got a new spring as the original was pretty torqued out.Wouldn't cock at first so went back in and shortened the spring a tad. Got everything back together after clean and lube . I also managed to put in some nylon washers to reduce metal on metal contact. It's now shooting consistently at 540 fps. I'm pretty happy with that. Would love a Scorp in .22. Something to search for.

540 !!!!
Webleys x5...BSA x3...BSF x2...Diana x 10...Weirauch x6...Crosman/Franklin x7...Gamo x5...Chiappas x1...Hatsan x1...
Browning x2...Feinwerkbau x1...Baikel x3...Cometa x2...FB Record x2...Hyscore x2...Westlake x1...etc...etc...

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Scorpion

Post by Tank » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:12 am

About 5 ft lbs with a Superdome. They always were a powerful pistol.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/