Original Model 10

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Mod 10

Post by zunmik » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 pm

When you feel able to get back into the saddle it will be interesting to see how your getting on with this pistol, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:52 pm

It certainly takes some learning to shoot, as it is quite heavy, especially when compared to the pistols I am used to.

It's certainly not as easy to shoot as my 6G.

One of those quandaries: do I leave it in the case, or do I try to conquer it....

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Yours is a later Model 10 that has the option to mount the rear sight in different positions, but it has lost the adjustable cam than can be adjusted onto the web of the hand to help get a prefect grip ( a web-cam perhaps?).

Take my advice and dont shoot it with the silly and unnecessary barrel weight that is held on with self tapping screws that are far too big for the job.

This will save you using the spare barrel cover too quickly (ask me how I know!).

The last bit of advice for you is - use it!

Giss-sytem pistols do not like being left idle, and since you care for your treasures you are unlikely to damage it, and most likely to enjoy it.

Bring it to the club - I will if you will - and lets join John G and have three of them in regular MPL (and 6 yard?) use at RMTC.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Difficult decisions.

I do find it a difficult gun to shoot, due to it's weight, but the trigger is a dream.

I shall give it some thought.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zooma

Post by zooma » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:59 am

My early Diana Model 10 has been serviced by Dave Mercer and fitted with new seals and a set of 3 new springs.

When the pistol came back it felt wonderfully smooth and is now the easiest Model 10 to cock that I have ever owned or borrowed.

However, the pistol sights could not be adjusted to reach the black on a 10 meter target - it shot too low!

On close inspection the barrel seemed to "droop" a little (hardly visible unless examined very carefully with a steel straight edge) and so it was returned to Dave to have it "tweaked".

This has now been done and Dave reports 450 ftb on H&N pistol match pellets (spot-on) and I will get it back next week.

Bent barrels on Model 10 pistols is not unusual and caused by heavy handed cocking by the owner.  This is why so many Model 10 pistols have banana shaped barrels - usually pointing upwards - mine is a bit unusual as it is pointing downwards - but reflects the way it was treated by a previous owner.

I look forward to getting it back as it actually shot beautifully and has a wonderful trigger so it should be a good MPL pistol to use and enjoy.

Note to Phil.  This was the actual "pin-up" pistol that is still pictured on the Diana site and has a very low production number, it is in mint condition and it will get used (but taken good care of) on a regular basis to keep it fit - but needs a playmate.

It would be good to see them in action together at RMTC.........

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:14 am

I need to get my act together with this MPL malarkey - if you two are using your model 10's I am in good company with my FWB65

Apparently it is shot every month :oops:
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

eredel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by eredel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 pm

450 ftb!!!!!!  :shock:  :shock:

Eric.
Browning B425 12G O/U Trap ~ Morini 162EI Short ~ Baikal MP-53M

zooma

Post by zooma » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Tank:2643 wrote:I need to get my act together with this MPL malarkey - if you two are using your model 10's I am in good company with my FWB65

Apparently it is shot every month :oops:

The MPL is shot during the last week of every month.

......welcome aboard!

zooma

Post by zooma » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 pm

eredel:2645 wrote:450 ftb!!!!!!  :shock:  :shock:

Eric.
Impressive eh?

Looks like you are the only one that is awake........ :D

450 fps is probably more realistic!

I wondered how long it would take for somebody to spot that one (as Mr Mannering once said!).

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm

I should get a framed one for the wall.  :lol:

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

eredel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by eredel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 pm

zooma:2647 wrote:
eredel:2645 wrote:450 ftb!!!!!!  :shock:  :shock:

Eric.
Impressive eh?

Looks like you are the only one that is awake........ :D

450 fps is probably more realistic!

I wondered how long it would take for somebody to spot that one (as Mr Mannering once said!).
I think accuracy would suffer from the "kick"...lol!!

Eric
Browning B425 12G O/U Trap ~ Morini 162EI Short ~ Baikal MP-53M

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:25 pm

It would be good to sit in an office chair and see how many shots the recoil would take you the range 10m  :lol:

400 to 450 fps is a very good range for a target pistol to be in. Anything more is just a waste. Not so much in spring, but certainly in CO2 and PCP resulting in fewer shots per charge.

Most of mine float around the 420 fps point.

Tablets can be a pain for typing on, as my spell checker often substitutes words without me realising.
M0KPH

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:44 pm

pmh:2650 wrote:It would be good to sit in an office chair and see how many shots the recoil would take you the range 10m  :lol:

400 to 450 fps is a very good range for a target pistol to be in. Anything more is just a waste. Not so much in spring, but certainly in CO2 and PCP resulting in fewer shots per charge.

Most of mine float around the 420 fps point.

Tablets can be a pain for typing on, as my spell checker often substitutes words without me realising.
Its not as fast  as yours has been tested at - but R10 are usually faster than K&N in any case, so when I get it back I will see what it clocks at on R10 and Meisterkugeln - my two "first choice" match pellets, and I will see if there is any difference between 4.49 and 4.50 in both types- from an accuracy and speed point of view.  Usually there is nothing to choose between the two sizes.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 pm

That's a good point. I need to dig the 4.49 and 4.50 and have a session with the chrono and a benchrest to see if there is notable difference.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:09 pm

I have just had a call from Ian Jones to say he is going to collect my Diana Model 10 from Dave's establishment tomorrow morning, so I will be able to test it at the club on Tuesday.

Can't wait !

My only "nod" towards the collector's value will be to take it to the club in a plastic pistol case - no point bumping the oversized original case about, and it is an awkward size to transport with the other pistols in any case!