Walther CP3 Match MV.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Walther CP3 Match MV.

Post by zooma » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm

I have just won this pistol on eGun, and as soon as it arrives here in the UK I will picture it on bobsairguns and make some comments about it.

The CP3 looks like the CP2 that looks like the CP1 so they are very much of the same family group but developed slightly more with each designation change.

This CP3 has a silver finish and contrasts well against the black finish of the CP1 and CP2, but I have yet to find out what small changes make the CP3 differ from its predecesor the CP2.
Last edited by zooma on Sun May 12, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 pm

It would be nice to see all 3 next to each other to show evolution of this gun.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 pm

The CP3 has arrived and although it may look a fair bit like the CP1 and CP2  it does not feel like one!

The pistol is a lot lighter - the thinner barrel gives it away a bit, but my guess is that the mechanics have lost a lot of weight as well as it feels so different.

The grip has also been refined, and overall this is a much improved member of the early CP family.

The CP3 does command a fairly high price for a CO2 pistol - but maybe it is because "it is worth it".   :lol:

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 am

Good to hear that your pistol came though so quickly.

I bought a FWB model 2 off egun last month and the parcel has been stuck with Customs for almost a fortnight - first time this has happened to me, as previous egun transactions have been smooth & fast.

It seems virtually impossible to speak to Customs at Coventry as none of the phone numbers seem to work. In desperation I sent them a fax yesterday asking for some information, but no idea if or when I might get a reply.

Ian

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 am

jassi:2747 wrote:Good to hear that your pistol came though so quickly.

I bought a FWB model 2 off egun last month and the parcel has been stuck with Customs for almost a fortnight - first time this has happened to me, as previous egun transactions have been smooth & fast.

It seems virtually impossible to speak to Customs at Coventry as none of the phone numbers seem to work. In desperation I sent them a fax yesterday asking for some information, but no idea if or when I might get a reply.

Ian
The sounds odd. I have bought 2 pistols from Germany, 1 from France and 2 from Italy and they have all arrived almost as quickly as if they had been posted in the UK - no interference from customs.

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sat May 04, 2013 9:27 am

I know. I've bought about half a dozen pistols through egun and never had any problem before - one arrived 3 days after being posted in Germany.

Some tiresome jobsworth, ignorant of the rules,  will have caused the delay & its currently in limbo. Being a bulk-fill might make the problem worse, as they may have no way of testing it.

What really annoys me is the lack of communication.  Parcelforce finally confirmed that it was held up in Customs, rather than 'lost in transit', but its just impossible to speak with the right people at the International hub.   :twisted:

Ian

zooma

Re: Walther CP3

Post by zooma » Wed May 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Try complaining to your local Parcelscum depot with the consignment number - with them chasing it you may find a way to open the Coventry door of no communication !

.......what do they do with all these parcels they fail to deliver?

Must be a massive warehouse - one that needs extending all of the time I guess !

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re:

Post by Tank » Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

jassi wrote:Some tiresome jobsworth, ignorant of the rules,  will have caused the delay & its currently in limbo. Being a bulk-fill might make the problem worse, as they may have no way of testing it.
That may or may not work in your favour. I have studied the rules carefully and I do know that say, for instance you find plod knocking on your door wanting to "check your guns"., if they take them away and the actual cylinder say for your Steyr Pistol is left behind they cannot then go out buy one and attach it - Then test it. It doesn't work like that. They must test only that which they have. If they cannot test it because of missing parts - that could be the reason you bought it cheap for instance, as a "project" - they cannot go out and "fix it" for the test otherwise that would be open to all sorts of abuse. They could just go ahead and modify ANY gun until it is over the limit - stick a stronger spring in a springer for instance - and there you are -= Done!

No, if they can't test it and it is, to all intents and purposes, what you say it is they have to send it on. They have to prove it is an illegal weapon with what they have. You can't have a Mexican Standoff with them saying it "might be" and you claiming "it isn't illegal" - they have to prove it. Or hand it over.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Walther CP3

Post by jassi » Wed May 08, 2013 4:27 pm

zooma wrote:Try complaining to your local Parcelscum depot with the consignment number - with them chasing it you may find a way to open the Coventry door of no communication !

.......what do they do with all these parcels they fail to deliver?

Must be a massive warehouse - one that needs extending all of the time I guess !
That's a good idea. I'm away now until the 19th, but if no movement by then, certainly worth a try

zooma

Re: Walther CP3 Match MV.

Post by zooma » Sun May 12, 2013 4:31 pm

With the correct handbook references it turns-out that My CP3 is in fact a CP3 Match-MV.

........checking all of the included information more carefully - the factory test card also confirms this .......I had no idea there were TWO versions of the CP3 !

savantguarde

Post by savantguarde » Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Indeed there are two! I just acquired a CP3 recently and it certainly feels a step up from my old daisy 717 :)
Other than the rear sight I'm not sure about the differences between the two. slightly different grip.
I understand a lot of people with the CP3 fit an aftermarket compensator to reduce muzzle flip. The Nygord "turbo comp" being popular. I may pick one up when I am in the states. THen again i better concentrate on getting my gun re-sealed so that it actually works!

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon May 13, 2013 8:20 am

My CP3 Match MV has a silver anodised finish.

The sight line is longer as the rear sight assembly is mounted noticeably further back and extends behind the grip.

I have not seen a standard CP3, but the Match MV is lighter in weight than the CP2 that I have and part of this is due to the barrel being "wasted" so it is a lot slimmer along most of it's length.

The anatomical grip again has a fair bit more work in it than the CP2 grip with individual finger recess's and other small detail points too.

I will get some pictures taken today and have it added to www.bobsairguns.com so you can have a good look at it and let me know what differences you can see between it and yours as the handbook does not go into too much detail about the differences.

Given that Walther never seemed to make any two "identical" pistols during this time period that seems to have been when all the CP and LPM-1 models were made (most seem to have small differences between them) it makes identifying all of the differences that were actually intended a bit tricky.

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon May 13, 2013 8:20 am

I did notice that the latest edition of the Blue Book of Airguns (volume 10) claims that the CP3 has an electronic trigger !

My trigger is far too light (even for me) so I will drop the trigger unit tonight to adjust it - but dont expect to find a battery inside anywhere.
Last edited by zooma on Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

savantguarde

Post by savantguarde » Mon May 13, 2013 9:25 am

Yeah have no fear. Although lovely (what a great design!) Its the same mechanical drop-out trigger in all the cp3's I think.
On re-sealing I am going to try to source the seals from a supplier here once I work out the correct material for Co2 seals. Walther is kind enough to show all the seal dimensions in the cp3 exploded diagrams.

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 am

For your information you need to use Polyurethane seals on CO2 pistols - 95 shore hardness ( if there is a choice).

Hope this helps - Bob.