Spring pistol plink

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Spring pistol plink

Post by zunmik » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Most of my shooting practice rifle or pistol is target based, but today after some heavy duty gardening i was to knackered for concentrated shooting so i dug out the recoiling springers for a plink, as usual did'nt get on with Falcon so i went to the Jumbo Lux, its got a shorter trigger pull that suits me better i also like the reach to trigger on this pistol, its got a short sightline so you need to get your target picture well prior to release, and from distant memory (about 30 yrs ago) you need a medium firm hold to get consistent results so i must give this pistol more use for its a fun gun to shoot, M. "link to pics for those unfamiliar with this pistol"
https://picasaweb.google.com/mickson33/ ... 5569298482
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Good call Mick

My project for tomorrow is to make some garage plinking targets. I have some large cardboard boxes that I am going to cut a large window in and add some suspended items inside.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Ian:2700 wrote:Good call Mick

My project for tomorrow is to make some garage plinking targets. I have some large cardboard boxes that I am going to cut a large window in and add some suspended items inside.
I used to use an old fashioned metal bread bin lid permanently open, a piece of thick carpet dangling @ the back, then a steel rod through the top @ the front with various targets dangling from the bar 25-45mm diameter, ie homebrew spinners, M.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Dangled teaspoons make a good plinking target.

I do have a set of Daisy metal silhouette targets somewhere. They really do go flying though. In the past, many fastener thematic a length of wood with a piano type hinge.

The Baikal MP-53M is a very worthy pistol. Very light weight and easy to cock. You should try one of four a springer, well worth the £50 or so.

I do want to have a go with a Jumbo. Always been a quirky gun which catches the eye.

I did enjoy my quick session with the Webley Tempest. I need to dig that out and have another go.

I also need to work on the trigger of the Predom.

If anybody has a cheap trigger shoe they want to get rid of, let me know.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed May 01, 2013 7:12 pm

pmh:2703 wrote:Dangled teaspoons make a good plinking target.

I do have a set of Daisy metal silhouette targets somewhere. They really do go flying though. In the past, many fastener thematic a length of wood with a piano type hinge.

The Baikal MP-53M is a very worthy pistol. Very light weight and easy to cock. You should try one of four a springer, well worth the £50 or so.

I do want to have a go with a Jumbo. Always been a quirky gun which catches the eye.

I did enjoy my quick session with the Webley Tempest. I need to dig that out and have another go.

I also need to work on the trigger of the Predom.

If anybody has a cheap trigger shoe they want to get rid of, let me know.

Kind regards,

Phil
I would like another Baikal 53m, but i want the the original one with the brown target grips, these pistols are very easy to tune & respond very well, the newer ones have better sights, but sporting grips, M.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Well I have quite a selection of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261041775060? ... 1439.l2649
going on. I really don't get how they can make, coat and ship these for a little over a fiver.
I am getting quite good with the Drulov and I can get two out of six "offhand" quite regularly.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Very cheap indeed.

>These< are a good buy, but he does tweak his prices a lot. They were £2 cheaper a week or so ago, and even more at Christmas.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 pm

pmh:2720 wrote:Very cheap indeed.

>These< are a good buy, but he does tweak his prices a lot. They were £2 cheaper a week or so ago, and even more at Christmas.

Kind regards,

Phil
Ive had one these for a while - a great bit of kit. The only downside is that lower power pistols cant hit the central reset target with enough force to make it operate properly. I dont have too much of a problem with resetting it manually though!

peteswright

Post by peteswright » Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 am

Ian:2722 wrote:

Kind regards,

Phil
Ive had one these for a while - a great bit of kit. The only downside is that lower power pistols cant hit the central reset target with enough force to make it operate properly. I dont have too much of a problem with resetting it manually though!
I put layers of tape over the magnets on resets until I find the amount needed to allow re setter to release. ATB. Pete.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Gamo PR45, P17s, 1377, SMK rifle, HW 40, HW 45, HW 75, Gamo AF10, Hatsan mod 25, Tanfoglio Witness, Crosman 357, Browning Buckmark. Webley tempest. John Beatie holsters.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 am

peteswright:2726 wrote:
Ian:2722 wrote:

Kind regards,

Phil
I put layers of tape over the magnets on resets until I find the amount needed to allow re setter to release. ATB. Pete.

I never thought of that!

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Excellent tip.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH