Westley Richards "Highest Possible" Air Pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Re: Westley Richards "Highest Possible" Air Pistol

Post by Tank » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:42 am

And then, along comes another. A very early example this time, with an inexplicable bend in the trigger?
Attachments
WR05.jpg
WR02.jpg
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello Graham,

Shame about the bent trigger blade. I'm sure a man of your skills will be able to re-form it without breaking it off .

As you rightly say an early example of these lovely old pistols. If possible, could you please let us know the Ser No.

Regards

Brian

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Brian, it is number 182. The trigger blade is of course straightened now :mrgreen:
I just wanted to share the pictures with you and really, the steel is good quality and took no effort. Strange that it was so shaped in the first place? Not to worry, it is right now and I will be leaving it well alone.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi Graham,

Thanks for that. The pistol is as you say a very early example probably dating to 1910. As you are probably already aware, these Highest Possibles with the heart shaped cut-out are the most sought after by collectors.

I still think the later Concentric Highest Possible was a retrograde step as it was a smoothbore with non-adjustable sights.

Regards

Brian

Davidm61

Post by Davidm61 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Hello Graham

Good to hear the trigger is now successfully straightened, and thanks for showing me this, and letting me handle it last Saturday :D

Regards
David