TAU 7 MATCH.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Re: TAU 7 MATCH.

Post by zooma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Nice looking standard Tau 7 but it looks like it has been sold.

They are really accurate pistols and well worth the price this one has sold for.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

RobinC

Re: LP2

Post by RobinC » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:22 am

pmh wrote:A kind offer Bob.

I do enjoy having a dabble with the variety of guns out there.

Andi kindly let me have a quick go of his Steyr LP2, and this has now moved to the top of my list.

Just need to find a few web ads to show my good lady they are only £59.99  :D

Kind regards,

Phil
Sorry to Bob for going off thread, Phil, you should really try an LP2 compact, they are so nicely balanced and light that they are the Junior, ladies and us oldies pistol of choice, there are so many in our club it has been commented that we must have got a job lot!
Good shooting
Robin

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:44 am

Sorry to Bob for going off thread, Phil, you should really try an LP2 compact, they are so nicely balanced and light that they are the Junior, ladies and us oldies pistol of choice, there are so many in our club it has been commented that we must have got a job lot!
Good shooting
Robin[/quote]

No problem re:- the "off-thread" bit. I also have an LP2 Compact that I have now fitted a small grip on in an attempt to get the Mrs interested and I agree it is a superb pistol, but it is a lot more expensive to buy either new or s/h than a TAU 7 and so if a lower budget is considered the Tau 7 is a superb choice.

Phil is also the proud owner of a mint Feinwerkbau P44 so I doubt he will be considering an LP2 any longer ! (quite a bargain at £59.99 :snooty: )

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:55 am

RobinC wrote:
pmh wrote:A kind offer Bob.

I do enjoy having a dabble with the variety of guns out there.

Andi kindly let me have a quick go of his Steyr LP2, and this has now moved to the top of my list.

Just need to find a few web ads to show my good lady they are only £59.99  :D

Kind regards,

Phil
Good shooting
Robin
I did try a Compact a few months ago, and must have put 15 or so shots into a group much less than the size of a 10p piece. At this point I did wonder if I had made a mistake in buying the P44.

However, after a bit of a break, I had another go and hit the target with a pattern a clay pigeon shooter would have been proud of.

They are excellent guns, indeed, but are far too light for me. The lightness doesn't seem problematic on first shooting, but it does start to reveal itself after a few cards for me .

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:11 pm

One of my Tau 7 Match pistols has been sold to another local shooter in the Rivvy Club as I know he really wanted it and I also know he will take good care of it and enjoy using it. Much better than just keeping it locked away when I have another that I can use whenever I fancy a Tau Fix!

This means that I only have the one that I stippled left now and I am very attached to that one so it will probably stay with me as a "keeper".

This particular pistol has had a lot of shots through it and yet it is still in superb "near new" condition and the personalised grip gives me a better hand-hold than the original polyurethane varnish finish!

The shape of the grip was not changed in any way - I only added the stippling so the pistol still looks good - and in my eyes at least the stippling has only added to the pistols good looks as well as making it unique and a lot more user-friendly

Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Adam77K » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:11 pm

I have lately conceived a strong hankering after one of these pistols. In an ideal world I would be after the Match or Silhouette.

I notice they are not thick on the ground, and there is one currently advertised on the BBS.
It is a Standard model and appears in tip top condition and cased with all the accessories.

The price is £385 which to me seems a little on the high side. My guess from admittedly no experience with these pistols would have been about £300. I paid just over £200 a few years ago for a Drulov DU10 (although they do go for a fair bit more) which is from the same stable and rightly or wrongly I had mentally filed the Tau in the same price/quality bracket.

Given it is "only" the Standard, am I about right, or am I way off and it's a good price?

Oh yes, and anybody know of any others for sale?

Cheers

Adam

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi Adam, the price on that Tau is premium. I'm in Leeds and have a couple of good 7's, a .22 and a .177. I've also got a Drulov DU-10. Where do you shoot? PM me it would be great to meet you.

Cheers,

Mick

97nick

Post by 97nick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi guys you can buy the TAU 7 match new direct from the factory. I bought mine a few months ago, sent it direct to me no problem, I bought the walnut grip. shoots REALLY good :) the price is not to bad, web site here:

http://www.taubrno.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dont buy a second hand one, there is not much difference in price :)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:49 pm

97nick wrote:Hi guys you can buy the TAU 7 match new direct from the factory. I bought mine a few months ago, sent it direct to me no problem, I bought the walnut grip. shoots REALLY good :) the price is not to bad, web site here:

That's good to know.

What was the postage cost, and how long did it take to arrive?

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

97nick

Post by 97nick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:42 pm

pmh wrote:
97nick wrote:Hi guys you can buy the TAU 7 match new direct from the factory. I bought mine a few months ago, sent it direct to me no problem, I bought the walnut grip. shoots REALLY good :) the price is not to bad, web site here:

That's good to know.

What was the postage cost, and how long did it take to arrive?

Kind regards,

Phil
Hi Phil, it cost in pounds £378.00, postage was something like £20.00 and bank transfer was about the same if I remember right. so just over 420 really. it took about ten days to come and you can track it. they also do the silhouette model and a completely awesome looking pre-charged pistol too!