A Right Pair of Hammerlis

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
pmh
Site Admin
A Right Pair of Hammerlis

Post by pmh » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Not content with tracking down a ...... well I won't spoil the surprise in case you read here first (look in Air Rifles), Bob also managed to pick up a pair of Hammerlis:-

These are, of course, the Hammerli Master, and the Hammerli Master Target.

The more observant amongst you may have noticed the barrel weight (shroud) on the top pistol.

We briefly fired up the Master, but spent the time wisely setting up the sights and trigger, which was somewhat stiff.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Re: A Right Pair of Hammerlis

Post by jassi » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:12 am

SNAP - well almost :D

These are both the same model Master. The upper one is fitted with a bulk-fill cap.

The lower one is for sale if anyone would be interested.

Ian

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Hammerli pistols must be like buses! :?

Heres my pair. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... ort=6&o=16 A heavy barrel match and a single.

Plus Ive got this little odd ball Hammerli. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... ort=6&o=92 A 'Sparkler' which has a rotary tap :think: uses 8g CO2 bulbs :doh: and can fire single shot on pellet or repeat on lead ball. :think:

Damn infectious these Hammerli :dance:
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:05 pm

At least your first picture has set my mind at ease, in that there were two barrel lengths available.

I didn't get to have a go after the trigger was switched from Gat gun to target gun mode.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 pm

After Ian had "tinkered" with the trigger adjustment screw it felt much better - very nice in fact!

It was getting late and we needed to get everything packed away and to tidy the hall up etc, so IJ and myself both took a few shots with it at the same target - and after the trigger adjustment was made and the point of aim agreed we created an elongated hole in the target after several shots had been taken by both of us!!

Not only superb grouping by the Hammerli - but yet more proof that Ian and myself do share exactly the same rear sight alignment that makes borrowing each others pistols very easy.

...........now where did he hide that nice new Walther of his.................. :think:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:09 pm

zooma wrote:
Not only superb grouping by the Hammerli - but yet more proof that Ian and myself do share exactly the same rear sight alignment that makes borrowing each others pistols very easy.
Thats me off to Specsavers in the morning :doh: :( .......... if I can find it. :dance:
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:27 am

I.J. wrote:
zooma wrote:
Thats me off to Specsavers in the morning :doh: :( .......... if I can find it. :dance:
I can't find it - where am I ?

zooma

Post by zooma » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:16 pm

pmh wrote:At least your first picture has set my mind at ease, in that there were two barrel lengths available.

I didn't get to have a go after the trigger was switched from Gat gun to target gun mode.

Kind regards,

Phil
Hi Phil,

The short barrel length "Master" is called the "Single" - the Master only comes with the longer barrel length.

I hope to add a Hammerli section on bobsairguns soon that gives some good reference information about the CO2 Hammeri pistols that were made before the factory fire in 1977.

The fire effectively destroyed all tooling so no more Hammerli CO2 pistols could be made after this catastrophe.