Walther CP2 - for spares

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Walther CP2 - for spares

Post by zooma » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:44 pm

I was going to buy a friends CP2 from him, but between agreeing to buy it and handing over the cash he had managed to snap off the hex headed safety operating shaft and so it ended up going to Graham to see if we could find the parts,

Meanwhile I found a CP2 for sale as broken and leaking with one leaking cylinder thrown it ! It was very cheap and rough so I bought it to supply a replacement part for the CP2 I was still hoping to buy.

Meanwhile Graham did a great job in building up the snapped-off hex head and cutting a groove in it so it could function again using a flat head screw driver to turn the safety between "safe" for dry fire and "fire" for live shooting. Note - the CP2 MUST be cocked before doing this ( as I also advised my friend when he bought it :naughty: ) or undue stress will be put on the small hex headed operating shaft........it could even snap off!

The repaired CP2 then gained a higher market value so I sadly had to give it a miss.

Tonight when arriving a little late at RMTC I noticed Graham was shooting a CP2 - turns out he was making sure all of the scrap parts were working OK - just in case we needed them in the future - even the tatty barrel had gained a new coat of blue :think:

The spare parts must be OK as they managed to shoot pellets down the range quite nicely :shhh:

Now I will re-finish the grip so we can keep all of these spare parts in regular use every week - ready for when we may need them in the future.

Nice job Graham - now we know that all of these spare parts work OK :clap:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.