Deluxe Cased LP53

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Deluxe Cased LP53

Post by zooma » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm

I put a nice LP53 up for sale this morning on BBS and so I needed to take some pictures of it this afternoon so anybody interested could see it.

I broke the barrel to show and picture the adjustable trigger screw (as this is a little unusual) when I noticed just how smart this pistol really was - positively superb.

The trigger felt like it had a fairly strong spring on it, and as I had cocked the pistol to take the picture I had to put a pellet in it and shoot it.

I was amazed - the pistol not only looks like new, but it also shoots like it is new - the best LP53 I have ever shot.

Although the trigger spring was quite strong, the pistol shot with a nice clean and light trigger feel - not at all what I was expecting.

I think maybe I will change my mind and keep this one - I will take it to the club tomorrow and have another think about it as it is hard to part with an exceptional example like this. :think:
Last edited by zooma on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zooma

Re: Deluxe Cased LP53

Post by zooma » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 am

This almost perfect example of an LP53 with the standard black crackle finish and brown grip is only the second LP53 I have ever had with an adjustable trigger and it came from it's first owner in Germany to me in the optional deluxe fitted case.

This deluxe case has the bright blue "silk" lining with the light grey sueded base, but I also have one with a darker blue "silk" lining and a darker grey sueded base and a third with a red "silk" lining and a dark grey sueded base.

Does any knowledgeable Walter historian/collector know if there were any other colour versions of this LP53 deluxe case ever made, or was it just these three options?

The pistol looks like it never left it's fitted case as it is mint and unmarked and also shoots like a new and unused pistol. Despite this, the packing that was used under the sueded base to give the shape can be felt to have hardened and cracked like every other example I have seen so far.

This shaping included thin pieces of wood that appear to have been glued together with hot melt glue that had become brittle with age and cracked away. Although this cannot be seen from the outside it can be felt with the fingers through the material in the flat area under the cylinder/grip.

I am looking for one of the small 100 pellet size tins to fill the space made for it in the fitted base. I have seen examples of these with green H&N tins and some with the more usual RWS Meisterkugeln tins. Does anybody have one of these small 100 pellet size tins for sale or swap to complete this cased set by any chance?

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.