semi-auto CO2 pistols.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Rincewind
Plinker
Plinker
semi-auto CO2 pistols.

Post by Rincewind » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:44 pm

I have been asked a few times about the semi auto ( not double action; and pellet not BB) CO2 pistols that are available and apart from the expensive match pistols I don't have any experience. Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks
Last edited by Rincewind on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: semi-auto CO2 pistols.

Post by pmh » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:56 pm

The BRNO Aeron B96 is probably the first example of these.

Reasonably rate, but you do see them for sale, from time to time, and quite good prices.

Any quality repeating pistol is design for the 5 Shot rapid fire air pistol competition.

This is 5 targets, the size of the black of a standard 10m target, for which you have 10 seconds to fire 5 shots, one at each target.

I wouldn't actually mind having a go at making one of these targets, which would operate similar to field targets, with the disk falling and being reset by a string pull.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:24 pm

I recently bought a Zavasta 45. Similar to the Drulov 10 - possibly a direct rip-off :D
Only apparent difference is that it takes an 8 g capsule. At about £100 I thought it was very good value.

I also have a Brno B96 and, of course, a Crosman 600

Ian

Rincewind
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Rincewind » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:08 pm

I was thinking more of the ' look like a centre fire pistol' type.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Miss read your original post.

I am not sure if any of the CO2 semi autos can be called true semi auto, as most have a revolver mechanism inside.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:07 pm

pmh wrote:Miss read your original post.

I am not sure if any of the CO2 semi autos can be called true semi auto, as most have a revolver mechanism inside.

Kind regards,
Phil

Oh I don't know Phil, one of your favourites - the Tanfoglio 1911 there?

The man DID say BB's as well.
Didn't he?
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 am

Definitely not BB :D

There are a few magazine fed "semi autos", can't recall the models without looking them up, but these are generally double action in operation.

I have Walther CP88, 4",which is fun to shoot at tin cans with, but certainly isn't a competition winner when it comes to target shooting.

One you've put a capsule through a Tanfoglio Witness, you soon get bored. They are ok for anybody who had never shot a full bore pistol, to give them a rough idea of how it feels, but wasting all that gas just cycle an unnecessary action is a bit pointless.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Rincewind
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Rincewind » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:07 pm

pmh wrote:Definitely not BB :D

There are a few magazine fed "semi autos", can't recall the models without looking them up, but these are generally double action in operation.

I have Walther CP88, 4",which is fun to shoot at tin cans with, but certainly isn't a competition winner when it comes to target shooting.

One you've put a capsule through a Tanfoglio Witness, you soon get bored. They are ok for anybody who had never shot a full bore pistol, to give them a rough idea of how it feels, but wasting all that gas just cycle an unnecessary action is a bit pointless.

Kind regards,

Phil

A Digression

I'm old enough to have experienced full bore pistols in the uk. I reckon that the nicest of the guns I have shot was a Walther P38.

Back to the subject

What would you say was the cheapest .177 semi auto available with some sort of accuracy?

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:26 pm

I don't suppose you would get a true semi-auto, such as we've been talking about for less than about £250 and that would be second hand.

Ian

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:27 pm

There's a Drulov 10 for sale in Southams in a few weeks, estimated at £200, though there will be commission on top of that and if you buy & can't collect in person, additional transfer costs.

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/aucti ... hitem=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:27 pm

I never shot a 9mm P38, but I did have an Erma P3 copy in .22 a pleasant pistol to shoot, but poor choice of material let it down. After swapping it for the second time I have up.

Ian is certainly right about the price, and I do think it is worth paying for a decent one.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:37 pm

I was fortunate to shoot a really good selection of the classic full-bore semi-autos as a teenager. They all had their individual feel and recoil, the Luger P-08 being quite different due to it's toggle action. Never shot a full-bore P-38 as far as I can recall. Really enjoyed revolvers too. I have a Drulov DU-10 that's fun to shoot, picking off 12 bore empties at 10m and 20yds.

BaggieBoy

Post by BaggieBoy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi

I've got a DRULOV Condor DU10 pistol - .177 - which fires five rounds 'semi-auto'. Bought it when they first came out - have the original receipt - about a dozen or so years ago and it's very nice. But, I've never put as much as a tin of pellets through it and I've now moved on(!) to springers and SSP...plus I do muzzle loading and rim fire shooting. So, I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested as I just don't use it. Pistol is immaculate - hardly used - and comes in original 'leather' case with all tools, bits n'bobs, spare seals, instruction leaflet etc. Have photos if anyone interesed.

Frank (BaggieBoy)