Original model 10 air pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Jim caffery
Original model 10 air pistol

Post by Jim caffery » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:11 pm

I have just picked up a nice looking model 10 air pistol, and I can't wait for it to be delivered, can anyone give me a rough idea on what a nice example fetches and any tips on what to look for and how to look after it would be nice.
Thanks jim

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Original model 10 air pistol

Post by pmh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Average at the moment is probably around £250.

Mine is as near mint as you could expect, and in the original case with all the bits.

It has also recently be resealed. Examples with the original set of seals do need shooting regularly, or they appear to deteriorate.

I put a felt pellet through the barrel every couple of hundred shots, and give it a quick wipe over with a silicone cloth after every use.

Apart from that, I don't do anything else.

About as classic and iconic a pistol as you can get, and one I always dreamed of owning.

I do, however, find it very cumbersome to shoot one handed, so I use mine in the benchrest comp.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Jim caffery

Post by Jim caffery » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 pm

I have been told its been in its box for the last 25 years, and is in good working order, chances are it will need a new set of seals sooner rather than later if it has been sat for as long as that! Are they easy to work on and can parts be sourced with out to much messing around
Jim

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:03 pm

There are two goto people for reseals: Lawrie Amatruda, and Dave Mercer.

Lawrie is an as bookstore absolute legend, and he resealed my Original 6G.

Dave is a bit closer, and he had worked on a few of Bob's guns.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Jim caffery

Post by Jim caffery » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks for recommendations, hopefully I won't be needing a re seal for a while, but knowing my luck its best to know where to get it done.
Thanks again jim

Jim caffery

Post by Jim caffery » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Seals need replacing, and I have been Intouch with dm80 on airgunbbs for a price, gutted I am going to be out of pocket on this one, £170 for the pistol and £85 for service and parts, there is a bit of good news though the seller has been Intouch and is willing to give me something towards the service, so its not as bad as it could of been, I have got to stop buying on the Internet without actually firing them, about time I learn from this as I keep doing it, some pistols are to tempting.
Jim

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Jim caffery wrote:Seals need replacing, and I have been Intouch with dm80 on airgunbbs for a price, gutted I am going to be out of pocket on this one, £170 for the pistol and £85 for service and parts, there is a bit of good news though the seller has been Intouch and is willing to give me something towards the service, so its not as bad as it could of been, I have got to stop buying on the Internet without actually firing them, about time I learn from this as I keep doing it, some pistols are to tempting.
Jim
Sorry to hear you have got problems with your Mod 10, however on the positive side once the original seals have been replaced the modern variety last for many years I like the model 6m the seals just go on & on when replaced, atb, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:03 pm

It's good that the original seller is offering some back.

£250 all in for a functioning pistol in good condition is about right, so you haven't done too badly.

You could always get a 2nd quote from Lawrie.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

gingernut
Plinker
Plinker

Post by gingernut » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Not keen on pistols that have been in a box for 25 years.

Having said that I have bought pistols that work fine but when I get them home they dont.

At the risk of stating the obvious any old air /co2 can go phut at anytime and most need some fixing.
Therefore caveat emptor with knobs on!