Next on my list

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Next on my list

Post by Ian » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 am

A couple of years ago at Bisley someone kindly let me try their Smith & Wesson 78G - a rather rough example but it shot well. I have located a boxed example that I will be looking at soon. Lovely lines

The same dealer has a boxed MK1 Crosman so may go for this as well if the price is right

And on an slightly different tack, I rather fancy an early model Umarex CP88 in shiny black. I used to have an excellent example of one of these but I had the 'ejector' port polished and was never happy with how this looked! Just posted a wanted ad on BBS. Whether this is a 'classic' pistol is open to debate I suppose but Ive owned most of the Umarex pellet firers and in my view this is the best that they made. The modern ones arent built as well and come with a less durable mat black finish

:)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Excellent looking guns by Smith &, Wesson and Crosman.

It's a pity they still don't make similar models today.

I did once shoot a. 22lr version of the 78G.

Gunstar seems to have quite a few CP88s for under £100 at the moment.

Kind regards,

Phil

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Both of those are excellent pistols  :D
The Mk 1 in particular, has a certain style, looking as it does, a bit like a luger.

I've got 3 of the S&W at present, 1 78 & 2 79, one of which was bought in a bout of auction enthusiasm     :oops:, though only the 78G is boxed.
I tried to sell the surplus 79 on bbs a short while ago, but to no avail so it's destined for Gunstar.

Ian

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Next on my list

Post by zunmik » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Ian:275 wrote:A couple of years ago at Bisley someone kindly let me try their Smith & Wesson 78G - a rather rough example but it shot well. I have located a boxed example that I will be looking at soon. Lovely lines

The same dealer has a boxed MK1 Crosman so may go for this as well if the price is right

And on an slightly different tack, I rather fancy an early model Umarex CP88 in shiny black. I used to have an excellent example of one of these but I had the 'ejector' port polished and was never happy with how this looked! Just posted a wanted ad on BBS. Whether this is a 'classic' pistol is open to debate I suppose but Ive owned most of the Umarex pellet firers and in my view this is the best that they made. The modern ones arent built as well and come with a less durable mat black finish

:)
De ja vu
https://picasaweb.google.com/mickson33/ ... 5950461298
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm

I came across a silver CP88 in the loft this afternoon that Id forgotten about (I really must have a good clear out up there) gassed it up and had a plink with it for an hour or so. Will keep it in the gun cupboard for a while now so added to my signature (guns currently used regularly) until a shiny black one turns up. If ever cartridge pistols were once again permitted (and pigs might fly - thank you so much Saint Tony) I would definitely be looking for the Walther P88 that the CO2 pistol is based on - I would need to save up though as they werent produced for long and are jolly expensive.