SMK 78 Bell Target

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
SMK 78 Bell Target

Post by Ian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:36 pm

I picked this up today

Will at Woodfield GCP stripped it, polished the internals, fitted good quality seals and gave it a tune. I am impressed by what you get for your money

The trigger obviously isnt up to match rifle standards but its light, smooth and predictable. My initial worries about it being too heavy (my old FWB300 was too heavy for me) were unfounded and it feels just about right.

I put about 100 pellets through it this afternoon in the garage. At 9 yards I manged good groupings on paper targets - the sights need some fine tuning though. On my new bell target I managed quite a few 'dings' of the bell at 7 yards which I was more than pleased with.

Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Nice to see some owner pics of one.

I have heard good and bad reports on these.

Would be good to hear how you get on with it.

Try 6 yards, the standard distance, for the bell target and see how you get on.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Co2? bell target rifle

Post by zunmik » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

I think its a great rifle don't forget the trigger is 3 way adjustable  8) , and you can get trigger tune kits to further enhance it if you wish. Its the one i was going to get, but then the walther came along "still wonder if i should have gone for the lighter Co2?". Re local clubs? when your happy with the rifle you could start your own club, or start an online comp like the pistol one we had on the bpa, or even both!. atb, M.  :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Co2? bell target rifle

Post by Ian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:02 pm

zunmik:1999 wrote:Re local clubs? when your happy with the rifle you could start your own club, or start an online comp like the pistol one we had on the bpa, or even both!. atb, M.  :)
Hmm........now theres an idea

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Co2? bell target rifle

Post by zunmik » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Ian:2009 wrote:
zunmik:1999 wrote:Re local clubs? when your happy with the rifle you could start your own club, or start an online comp like the pistol one we had on the bpa, or even both!. atb, M.  :)
Hmm........now theres an idea

To make it easier Phil has posted some belltargets "targets" on the comp section,  "simples" ,  M.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

78 target

Post by zunmik » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Looking forward to future updates on this rifle, i came so close to buying one, M. :)

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm hoping to have enough time to do some shooting this weekend with the new bell target and Phil's paper version

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Would be good to hear how you got on.

I was also hoping to have a go with the Bell Target and my 6G, to see how I got on.

Alas, current circumstances have required my attention to be focussed elsewhere.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Just wondering how your getting on with this rifle now, its still on my list's
M. :?:

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Unfortunately I didnt get the chance to use it much before having to sell it in order to raise funds for emergency car repairs!

Shame - nice rifle and great value for the money

Cheers
Ian

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Ian:2364 wrote:Unfortunately I didnt get the chance to use it much before having to sell it in order to raise funds for emergency car repairs!

Cheers
Ian
Understand fully, shame i did'nt know i would have had it i hope your cars ok now, M.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:16 pm

zunmik:2366 wrote:
Ian:2364 wrote:Unfortunately I didnt get the chance to use it much before having to sell it in order to raise funds for emergency car repairs!

Cheers
Ian
Understand fully, shame i did'nt know i would have had it i hope your cars ok now, M.
Thanks Mick - cars now fixed, thank goodness as I rely on it to get to work

Next month I need to start the slow process of building up my stock of guns again - most have gone to fund this and other pressing commitments

Cheers
Ian

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Ian:2367 wrote:
zunmik:2366 wrote:

Cheers
Ian
Thanks Mick - cars now fixed, thank goodness as I rely on it to get to work

Next month I need to start the slow process of building up my stock of guns again - most have gone to fund this and other pressing commitments

Cheers
Ian
Understand that too, back in the days when i had a mortgage,
kids, & bills i had to do the same more than once :( , but hey your turn will come. Now i have cash can't find much i fancy i've had most that i like.
Still got SWMBO looking over my shoulder though, :lol:  M. (Oh the joy of being retired & married) :roll:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: 78 target

Post by zunmik » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:56 pm

zunmik wrote:Looking forward to future updates on this rifle, i came so close to buying one, M. :)
Well I have now bought a similar one, I didn't fancy the trip to wales to get one, or the huge rfd handling fee's :roll: , from my local rfd I bought the TH78D "de-luxe thumbhole version", plus have ordered the welshwilly tune up kit to raise it to the same spec as Ian's 78. I shall also need to fit diopters later, I first polished & adjusted the trigger 3 adjustments available, pull weight, travel, & trigger stop screw, initial groups were very good so will persist with the open sights until all the tune ups are completed. I did have to sort a different pair of glasses the ones I use for pistol or with the diopters did not give a good sight picture with the open sights as the rear sight is that much further away from my eyes :roll: . I have been surprised @ early very good results it normally takes me a while to settle into a new gun, this purchase became necessary due to continuing shoulder problems so the LGR has sadly gone, but am never the less delighted with the TH78D which I have found I can shoot for long periods with out tiring I shall continue to shoot the "izzie" rifle to, though when completed the 78 will become my main bell target rifle plus I shall continue to shoot my pistols in both bell & paper target shoots.
Overall I am delighted with the 78, and look forward to future tuning & stripping of the rifle as I feel doing it myself will be very satisfying, and if the hoped for improvements in my rifle shooting comes from it that will just increase my pleasure of using it. These are a very accurate recoilless rifle and from my first impressions I would recommend it, M. :D

P.S. trigger tune & adjustment only takes about 30-40 mins easy-peasy.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: SMK 78 Bell Target

Post by zunmik » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 pm

I realise its probably a boring thread, never the less I will ask if any one can recommend a good source for the diopters I need , M.