Acvoke repair

A place to share your projects, technical advice. and tutorials
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Acvoke repair

Post by Tank » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:20 pm

Well, I hope someone finds this interesting, I did. It only took me six years to fix an Acvoke :shock:
I ended up with this pistol because it was missing a vital part and I didn't have one to copy, so I put it in a drawer waiting for the right time, some six years on:-) A great deal of water had passed under the bridge, new workshop and an introduction to CAD CAM and here we have it, twenty first century meets last century!
Plenty of pictures, always the best way to tell a story:
Attachments
Acvoke05.jpg
Acvoke04.jpg
Acvoke03.jpg
Acvoke02.jpg
Acvoke01.jpg
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Acvoke repair

Post by Tank » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Interestingly, on the back of the cocking lever you can see a Pellet sizing hole. Bit ambitious to think of it as a swaging hole.
The cocking lever (the original sample) and the actual examples I produced are clearly visible in the pictures above and here is my CNC Mill producing them:

My methods of machining and producing spares have changed dramatically since getting the Mill set up. For many things now I just would not go back to a manual machine, CNC is just so accurate.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Oldtimer

Re: Acvoke repair

Post by Oldtimer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:37 am

Nice work and nice to have access to such kit. However, for those with limited tooling don't be put off having a go yourself. I made the same component from a piece of scrap steel plate with just a hacksaw, file and drill (and a lot of patience), and after case-hardening it has served its purpose well now for 15 years.