Senior

A place to discuss all things Webley. As this is probably the most collected airgun maker we felt it deserved a section of its own.
Archer24
Senior

Post by Archer24 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 am

Hi everyone
I’m getting back into Webley collecting after a long break, having dug my small collection out of the roof.
I discovered a unfinished project consisting of 2 ropey Seniors. Having just spent the morning trying to make 1 goodish working pistol, I got one all together to find it won’t cock.
Piston doesn’t seem to go far enough to engage the sear.
Is this do you think down to long link wear? Is this common?
I have worked on a lot of Premiers and never seen this....

Ta

Carl
Attachments
45F56102-15E8-4DD2-AEDF-F2C51D7BAFFC.jpeg

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Senior

Post by Certus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello,

The links can stretch with a lot of use which is quite common on pistols which have seen a lot of use. The sears can also wear with time which would also result in the pistol failing to cock.

I'm sure you are aware that spares are readily available for several sources although some can be a bit on the expensive side.

Regards
Brian

Archer24

Post by Archer24 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:42 am

Thanks for the answer, have bit the bullet and cut down and redrilled the long part, seems to work......

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:39 am

Also- Have a look at the 'Hump' under the muzzle end of the barrel as they can wear with the cocking link dragging over it, If it is worn the full cocking stroke won't be made..

John :P