SKAN

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of any accessories you may have.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
SKAN

Post by zooma » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:18 pm

I have recently picked-up a SKAN chronograph and thought I would check to see if anyone has knocked up any sort of jig to keep the pellet travelling centrally down the tunnel and not striking the chronograph case ( or LCD).

I understand the muzzle should be at least 10" away from the entrance to the tunnel and that a "muzzle rest" is recommended so I guess some sort of base ( like a plank) would be good to mount a muzzle rest on and to place the front of the SKAN a further 10" away from the front of the barrel end.

This muzzle rest has to be adjustable (or interchangeable) to accommodate different barrels as PCP pistols need to allow for the air cylinder height whereas others including most rifles need to be higher as only the barrel diameter need to be allowed for and so on.

The other end of the SKAN then needs some sort of target holder to arrest the pellet after it has passed through the tunnel and this needs to be a reasonable distance behind it to prevent any rebound striking the rear of the chrono.

It is looking like a plank some 30 - 36 " long would make a good base to mount the muzzle rest, SKAN and trap on if the correct sort of spacing is to be achieved?

Has anybody knocked-up any similar sort of mount or jig to align ( and protect) their SKAN when in regular use?

.........any pictures?
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: SKAN

Post by pmh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Yes, I built this :-

Underneath the foam is a series of magnets which hold the device to any steel barrel, available form eBay, as is the laser.

The frame was bought from Combro.

All you need is a piece of paper rested against the exit tunnel and the last will give you a good idea of point of impact.

I have used this lots and never deviated from an inch group in the centre of the tunnel.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma

Post by zooma » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm

That looks trick Phil - and very compact too.

Any chance of giving it a proper "Bacup Look" (hands on) at the club tomorrow night by any chance? :pray:

I can bring the SKAN so we can have a play ( I also need to check my LP10E as it is using far too much gas)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Alas, I have a few things on at the moment, so tomorrow is looking very doubtful.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma

Post by zooma » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 am

pmh wrote:Alas, I have a few things on at the moment, so tomorrow is looking very doubtful.

Kind regards,

Phil
Not to worry :snooty: