Hi to All from N.Yorkshire

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
Ant196
Hi to All from N.Yorkshire

Post by Ant196 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi All
I've been a keen airgunner for forty years both rifles and pistols . I have quite. A few pistols including a IMO a very underrated ASI centre and a LP53 all of which I shoot weekly . I have several mint Webleys including two tempests . I was going to buy another cheap pistol for my daughter to use . The upshot is my brother in law has given me an "old" tempest in .177 which turned out to be mint in the box complete with all paperwork which he bought sixteen years ago and has sat on top of the wardrobe since . It's a pity to use and abuse it as I am sure there are people out there who would treasure a piece of "history" . I am very willing to swap it for a mint condition Turkish Tempest in .177 . It's great to be on here . A lot of my early memories seem to be linked to air pistols in some way or another !

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Hi to All from N.Yorkshire

Post by zunmik » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Welcome to CAPA, enjoy your pistols, old or new, atb, mike. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Ant196

Post by Ant196 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks Mike
Been looking through all the forums and there is some very interesting stuff . Glad to have found this site . Already starting to look at purchasing some more pistols . Yes the air pistol bug had a very strong bite !!!

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Ant,

First of all, welcome to the forum where you should find quite a bit which will be of interest. I would recommend that you keep your original 'Brummie' Tempest and use it with care which would not detract too much from it's collectable status provided the original packaging and paperwork are also kept in good condition. Most Webley collectors tend to favour the earlier all steel models and although still collectable, boxed Hurricanes, Typhoons and Tempests often come up at reasonable prices. I have both original and Turkish Tempests in both calibres and although the Turkish pistols are OK, in my opinion they are not quite as well made as the original 'Brummie' pistols.

Regards

Brian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello,

And welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<