Regards from Seattle, WA

Take the opportunity to introduce yourself.
JMI_98118
Regards from Seattle, WA

Post by JMI_98118 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:15 am

Found this site while looking for some information about FWB Model 65's. Been shooting firearms for well over a half century, but only discovered "adult" airguns 20 years ago, aside from childhood passing experience with BB guns.
I own several Air Arms rifles, including a Pro Elite (my first real air rifle), some Weihrauch rifles, and my favorites, Feinwerkbau. Aside from a couple of 124D's, have developed a real taste for fine 10 Meter target guns. I'm working on a small collection.

I'll post more as the situation requires.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Regards from Seattle, WA

Post by Tank » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:53 am

Welcome JMI.
Airguns eh! Here in the UK I think airguns have been traditionally viewed as a gateway to Firearms so many shooters started off with them. Fortunately, as you have discovered , there are many to choose from including the Feinwerkbau as you mention. There are three Feinwerkbau rifles as a sort of base line, the 127 Sport and the 124 Sport, 22 and 177 respectively and then there is the 300S.
Although I have quite a large and varied collection of firearms, my 300S would probably be the very last gun I would sell.

May I recommend to you this short publication http://www.belltarget.com/resources/Bel ... _Story.pdf
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

JMI_98118

Post by JMI_98118 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:52 am

Hello Tank,

Thanks for the greeting. Read the story about the 'Bell Ringers'. Interesting. I would speculate that the target concept was the basis for the current field target type of target. I usually just punch holes in paper but I will shoot a crow every now and then.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun May 10, 2020 7:43 am

I am right there with you. I don't shoot live quarry but I do a bit of pest control for a couple of farmers.

Interesting factoid, the hole in a bell target is supposed to represent a mans head at 100 yards and should be drilled 3/8" and not the "nearly right" metric equivalent of 9.5mm. If I am remembering correctly. I am sure Phil will be along shortly to correct me if I got wrong.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Indeed it should be 3/8 of an inch, which is 9.525mm.

3/8 drill bits are still available, so no reason not to get it spot on.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<