Firing Erratically

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Firing Erratically

Post by Tank » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Se, I get a gun to repair. "Firing Erratically" says the customer.
I take a look. I am not sure it is an original "suppressor", so I remove it.

Left me a bit speechless to be honest. I think the answer is to replace the barrel..................
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Firing Erratically

Post by kj68 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Thats shocking the barrel definitely needs replacing, I bet you could not believe what you saw.

Rgds kj68 :)
Happy Shooting

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:59 pm

Yes, you are right, the snag is there is not enough of the barrel to re-crown it if I turned off the "modification" and this is the end of the barrel that is choked so if I cut it it and crowned it it would lose the choke.
<sigh>
This was the other job in yesterday, the chap said it was leaking from "somewhere". It's leaking from everywhere.
Haven't these people heard of oil?

graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Post by kj68 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:19 pm

I just cant understand why people dont look after their pistols or rifles, all it takes is an oily rag wiped over after using the guns to keep the metal work nice. :)

rgds kj68 :)
Happy Shooting

TheWilding

Post by TheWilding » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:50 am

kj68 wrote:I just cant understand why people dont look after their pistols or rifles, all it takes is an oily rag wiped over after using the guns to keep the metal work nice. :)

rgds kj68 :)
I was flicking through UBC last night, as I partake in a couple of their comps, and was suprised at how many people are ill informed about the hows, whys and wherefores of basic shooting.... And alot of these people shoot at organised ranges :think:

There is a 3 page thread on there where someone was asking why people had to have gert big scopes on their rifle, and a very patient man, who obviously shot in FT comps, was trying to explain parallax ranging to them and the reason the side wheel is so big, they just weren't getting it, and tried to bring it back to Military Snipers.... i had had to face/palm to many times by the end of page 2 I gave up and went on arsebook, the level of intelligence is much higher there :doh:

Some people just don't get even the basics sadly :roll:
ATB

Sean

magicniner

Post by magicniner » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Tank wrote:Yes, you are right, the snag is there is not enough of the barrel to re-crown it if I turned off the "modification" and this is the end of the barrel that is choked so if I cut it it and crowned it it would lose the choke.
The work to repair such butchery should cost more than a replacement barrel, provided replacement barrels are available that's definitely the way to go,
Regards,
Nick
Fast, Cheap, Good.
Pick only 2 of the above.

Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Adam77K » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:56 pm

TheWilding wrote:There is a 3 page thread on there where someone was asking why people had to have gert big scopes on their rifle, and a very patient man, who obviously shot in FT comps, was trying to explain parallax ranging to them and the reason the side wheel is so big, they just weren't getting it, and tried to bring it back to Military Snipers.... i had had to face/palm to many times by the end of page 2 I gave up and went on arsebook, the level of intelligence is much higher there :doh:

Some people just don't get even the basics sadly :roll:
ATB

Sean
Increasingly less so as time went on! :doh:

FT is a sport, it is what it is, because of how it evolved. It might look a bit daft to outsiders but so what, I mean what the hell were the people who invented curling trying to do? :lol: