SOLD UP !!

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
SOLD UP !!

Post by zunmik » Sat May 02, 2015 3:44 pm

I've sold up well nearly anyway. Over the last 12 months i have been offloading nearly 60 years of airguns & all the associated gear & clutter that goes with it, the last went this morning, years of shoulder injuries finally got the better of me. Years of ingrained shooting means i had to have something in the house apart from old & ancient memories and trophies so i have finally got a long awaited SGS Duo 300 boxed with manual :D .I have no interest in collecting, bodging, or polishing guns i like to shoot them, however for every day use i seek a cheap plinker no gas, air bottles, or Wobblies etc, something easy to cock & shoot any suggestions i,m not up to date with current pistols. mike. :?
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: SOLD UP !!

Post by pmh » Mon May 04, 2015 11:16 am

Sorry to hear your circumstances have led to a clear out.

I realise, I am also way behind in responding to messages, having been through some difficult times.

Alas, there doesn't seem to be much worth picking up these days, as most manufacturers concentrate on rifles.

The models they do make seem to be CO2.

One pistol I always liked the look of was the Browning Buck Mark.

Have a browse through Gunstar, I have picked up some interesting plinkers from there.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon May 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Sorry you've had some difficult times i was unaware, so i hope things improve for you. Generally i'm fine except for knackered shoulder, and enjoying my retirement i will shoot the Duo 300 a little, and may well go for the Buckmark you suggested for a main plinker so thanks for that. M0KPH is that an amateur callsign ?, I'm rarely on but callsign is
G0JVB ex G6MUI which i also use sometimes, atb, Mike. :handgestures-thumbupright:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon May 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Some Rekord models are still available, as are many of their original models for reasonable money.

Yes, M0KPH is my amateur radio call sign. I'm also an RSGB registered assessor. I am on some evenings and most weekends, everywhere from sideband to PSK31 and PSK63.

Need to get people talking on here again, as it has tapered off over the year.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon May 04, 2015 7:05 pm

pmh wrote:Some Rekord models are still available, as are many of their original models for reasonable money.

Yes, M0KPH is my amateur radio call sign. I'm also an RSGB registered assessor. I am on some evenings and most weekends, everywhere from sideband to PSK31 and PSK63.

Need to get people talking on here again, as it has tapered off over the year.

Kind regards,

Phil
Enjoy your radio i started as a listener when i was about 11 so sort of done it all now, i will try to think of some thing to get things moving on the site, mike.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:13 pm

zunmik wrote:I've sold up well nearly anyway. Over the last 12 months i have been offloading nearly 60 years of airguns & all the associated gear & clutter that goes with it, the last went this morning, years of shoulder injuries finally got the better of me. Years of ingrained shooting means i had to have something in the house apart from old & ancient memories and trophies so i have finally got a long awaited SGS Duo 300 boxed with manual :D .I have no interest in collecting, bodging, or polishing guns i like to shoot them, however for every day use i seek a cheap plinker no gas, air bottles, or Wobblies etc, something easy to cock & shoot any suggestions i,m not up to date with current pistols. mike. :?
Finally got round to shoot the duo 300 very smooth action, well pleased, Mike. :handgestures-thumbupright:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Drulov Lov 21 is becoming available again, and is one worth looking out for.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:55 pm

pmh wrote:Drulov Lov 21 is becoming available again, and is one worth looking out for.

Kind regards,

Phil
A great pistol i had one about 10 years ago, a guy in Kent was selling them. once i fitted the usual stick-on barrel weights it was very accurate, i won a few ubc comps with it, still got the certificates. mike.

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:19 am

The LOV21 gets my vote to! :D With a bit of tinkering - well, theres ony a few screws keeping the simple thing together, a bit of basic lubing and you have a very capable pistol. The trigger is brill for such a cheapie. I got mine for less than £100 brand new. The other week I scored a 47 ex 50 (single handed @10m 5 shots, witnessed. :o ). And it doesn't need polishing. :dance:

HTH
Ian :D
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:02 pm

pmh wrote:Sorry to hear your circumstances have led to a clear out.

I realise, I am also way behind in responding to messages, having been through some difficult times.

Alas, there doesn't seem to be much worth picking up these days, as most manufacturers concentrate on rifles.

The models they do make seem to be CO2.

One pistol I always liked the look of was the Browning Buck Mark.

Have a browse through Gunstar, I have picked up some interesting plinkers from there.

Kind regards,

Phil
Sorry long long time replying looked @ the Buckmark, but preferred the Gamo p900 gas ram version as i found it a better trigger. ref, I J & co2 pistol will get one for casual target use when i come across one, atb mike.