Any Collectors?

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
fronteria
Plinker
Plinker
Any Collectors?

Post by fronteria » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Are there any antique firearm and militaria collectors on this forum?
I have collected a few items over the years like a double 24 bore flintlock shotgun, Brown Bess Musket, Pepper box pistol, Pocket Pistols flintlock and percussion.
Obsolete calibre rifles, pinfire revolvers, Powder flasks, shot flasks, swords, fighting knives, pocket knives, bayonets, soldiers tools related to their firearms nipple wrenches etc.
A whole range (but not the complete range yet) of BSA and Webley spring powered air rifles and pistols from 1905 to the present day.
Regards fronteria

wadcutter

Re: Any Collectors?

Post by wadcutter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 am

Jeff it sounds like you have a really great collection going on, my only other passion apart from air pistols is restoring toy steam engines. :D
Regards

Kevin

Diana Original 6G Pistol

gary5031

Post by gary5031 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Whatcha chaps,
I'am new to the air gun world and came by it via collecting milliteria and WW2 reenactment/living history. I have a large collection that spans a small selection of WW1 itmes, a growing number of Spanish Civil pieces and a very large cllection of WW2 militeria that includes most British Small Arms, all deactivated, that include P14, SMLE, No.4 and German K98 rifles. All marks of the STEN, a Thompson SMG, various pistols and a flare pistol.
I've started collecting and shooting pre-1939 air rifles and pistols as I see it as a logical extension of my other hobbies, you can't shhot a deac. The spark to start began after I found a ref to a Home Guard unit who used air rifles to practice shooting rather than using precious live ammo.
If someone could explain how to post photo's i'll post some.
TTFN,
Gary
BASH ON!!

gary5031

Post by gary5031 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 am

First air rifle in the collection: Webley MK1 Service
Attachments
web 3.jpg
web 3.jpg (11.57KiB)Viewed 17556 times
BASH ON!!

Post by 641 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:05 am

Hello-

There are many serious collectors in the states. Perhaps one of the best known, most renowned, gun collecting clubs is the Ohio Gun Collectors Association. Their shows represent one of the largest offerings of collectible rifles, pistols, and airguns in the world. I have had the good fortune to be a member since the early 1980's:

http://www.ogca.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kind regards,
Brad

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Well, the latest addition to my collection of Militaria is a complete kit as worn by 22 Regiment when Lofty Wiseman and his colleagues went through the windows of the Iranian Embassy in London. The black (very dark blue actually) coverall was Lofty's own but sadly not the one worn on the day.
If you remember there was a sergeant badly burned during the rescue and immediately thereafter all the flammable kit was taken away and new fireproof overalls issued.
So in answer to the OP, yes, there are plenty of collectors on here.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/