Buying From Abroad Continued

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
bellringer
Marksman
Marksman
Buying From Abroad Continued

Post by bellringer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:10 pm

I have been looking at the very comprehensive "Buinger" site in Germany recently, following advice that they regularly ship airguns over to the UK with no problems and in under two weeks. So I ordered just two rear sight blinders or eye shields as they are sometimes called. No problem with the transaction paypal converted the currency and all seemed ok. This was on May 18th; I got an e mail from Buingers saying " payment received with thanks, goods to be despatched on May 25th; after a couple of weeks - - - no package, so I e mailed Buingers, took a couple of days to get a response but was informed goods at Frankfurt Airport on May 25th: plus a tracking number and a link to track with. The link didn't work so presuming the German Post Office was involved, I tried to track with them; this was great fun and many pages later and with lots and lots of German info given, I was told " a letter will be sent giving details" {still no letter}. Again I got on to Buingers and got a same day reply saying the tracking link was for DHL and if translated to English didn't work? but they had done a search and the package is still shown at Frankfurt Airport. I have tried UK DHL tracking and the number was not recognised. Another e mail to Buingers asking if they will send a replacement or should I raise a dispute with paypal whist I am still within the time to do so. Just got another email back saying they will not send a replacement until DHL let them know what has happened, it is not their fault [which I understand] and they are chasing up DHL again. Having seen other posts where DHL have handed over to Parcel-Loss I am going to ask if this could have happened; but if I don't get any satisfaction by Tuesday next I will raise the dispute before I run out of time to do so; I am sure the company is fine and there is local testimony to the good of Buingers. So I may have been just unlucky who knows? Or is this another chapter in the jobsworths book of shooter persecution. That's my moan over, now I feel a lot better [not], :cry: guess I'll just find a little corner all to myself and read a good gun book. bellringer

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Buying From Abroad Continued

Post by pmh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Buinger only seem to have two speeds:- slow and stop.

They are generally good, but "quick" doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary.

My first package took about two works from ordering, and the tracking number worked fine on this.

I had to return an item, as I ordered the wrong size. This took a lot of emails and over 3 weeks for the item to arrive. This time the tracking number didn't work.

I appreciate in this case Buinger have done their part and it is down to the carrier.

On a plus point it looks like carriers in all Countries can give poor service.

I am sure it will get resolved shortly, but I understand it can be frustrating.

Hope it all works out ok.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<