BBS

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
BBS

Post by zunmik » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Appears to be down been trying to access for a couple of hours, all other web sites ok,?? M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: BBS

Post by pmh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Just tried it, still down.

Might need to reboot the server, or they may be under an attack, which happens quite often to the larger forms.

Most people wouldn't believe the amount of spam and fake users that try to join forums, with the intention to post pathetic messages with links to items most people wouldn't dream of buying, or mass email the user's.

We get about 5, or so, such users a day trying to join.

Once identified, the entire ip range they belong to is banned. So far we have approaching 300 ip bans, and we are only a small forum!

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:39 pm

pmh wrote:Just tried it, still down.

Might need to reboot the server, or they may be under an attack, which happens quite often to the larger forms.

Most people wouldn't believe the amount of spam and fake users that try to join forums, with the intention to post pathetic messages with links to items most people wouldn't dream of buying, or mass email the user's.

We get about 5, or so, such users a dart trying to join.

One identified the entire ip range they belong to its banned. So far we have approaching 300 ip bands, and we are only a small forum!

Kind regards,

Phil
Blimey I didn't realise things are that bad :o , I have a renewed respect for you & others that run these websites. Now I appreciate the problems that Ian faced with the sadly lost Bpa, good on ya, M. :handgestures-thumbupright:
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Big Steve

Post by Big Steve » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:56 am

Its no easy job so many thanks for all the hard work, may you not suffer premature balding as a result :clap:
Baikal MP654K Gen1 Oupeaat, Gen2 Grom, Gen3 Thor, Gen4 Demimak & Gen5 Tatiana
Makarov Pistol Association http://makarovpistol.myfineforum.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;