Masochist Pistolero's

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Masochist Pistolero's

Post by zunmik » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Well are all air pistol shooters Masochist . In varying degrees I think yes, most of my pistol shooting used to be with "Rimmies" till scumbag Blair nicked them all. Power restrictions on air pistols produce one major difference barrel time, a long & very steady holdover is now needed to attain an accurate result, recoilless pistols have it easiest, though ssp's need effort to cock, then springer's both need to be cocked & then held on aim during its recoil phase :shock: :o so yet more effort. Where as the rimmie popped its round out before you really felt any recoil. Where am I on this well I used to shoot mostly recoilless co2 & ssp, but in recent times I have moved up in the ranks of the masochists by obtaining Three Springer Pistols (sad) :roll: .However the ultimate pistol masochists must be those poor deluded folk :cry: who shoot "Wobbly webleys". I hear they have secret ceremonies like the Mason's, and must first whip themselves with a cat 'o' nine tails a minimum of Seventeen times before shooting those weird wobbly's, M. :D :lol: :laughing-rolling:
Last edited by zunmik on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Masochist Pistolero's

Post by pmh » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:48 pm

You think Webley owners are bad! Wait until we introduce you to the Noble Order of the Harrington, a society interested in the delight that is the gat gun. :banana-linedance:

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:03 pm

pmh wrote:You think Webley owners are bad! Wait until we introduce you to the Noble Order of the Harrington, a society interested in the delight that is the gat gun. :banana-linedance:

Kind regards,

Phil
Gad Sir', the "gat" is not a gun merely a device for getting rusty nails out of rotting wood, M. :roll: :doh:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:18 pm

zunmik wrote:Well are all air pistol shooters Masochist . In varying degrees I think yes, most of my pistol shooting used to be with "Rimmies" till scumbag Blair nicked them all. Power restrictions on air pistols produce one major difference barrel time, a long & very steady holdover is now needed to attain an accurate result, recoilless pistols have it easiest, though ssp's need effort to cock, then springer's both need to be cocked & then held on aim during its recoil phase :shock: :o so yet more effort. Where as the rimmie popped its round out before you really felt any recoil. Where am I on this well I used to shoot mostly recoilless co2 & ssp, but in recent times I have moved up in the ranks of the masochists by obtaining Three Springer Pistols (sad) :roll: .However the ultimate pistol masochists must be those poor deluded folk :cry: who shoot "Wobbly webleys". I hear they have secret ceremonies like the Mason's, and must first whip themselves with a cat 'o' nine tails a minimum of Seventeen times before shooting those weird wobbly's, M. :D :lol: :laughing-rolling:
Time For A Change writing this thread made me realise that I have more guns than I need even though its much less than I used to have, for 2-3 years I have mulled with the idea of reducing my shooting I think now i'm ready to finally. I already have a local gun-nut wanting my target pistols 3xco2, 1 6m, & 1 Compact, this leaves me still with 1 6m, 1 Compact. plus the Hw45 silver star. also my co2 TH78d c/w dioptre sights will go although little used & as new. I love bell target, but the journey to my club in the winter is a nightmare all narrow twisty country roads that become icy & fog bound so i'll give that up. I shall retain the "IZZIE" springer rifle for target shooting cos its great fun easy to shoot & very accurate. I will still shoot on line comps & should a more local club become available I would go, but that's it. I won't sell my gear for a month so I've got time to reconsider though its unlikely. I intend to treat my self to a new good bridge camera so that I can use auto sometimes, but can go manual for the more advanced stuff. I have put the thread here as in pistols it would soon get buried in an avalanche of wobbly threads. :roll: M. ;) :)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:36 pm

You could start your own local club.

All you need are a few target holders and a cub hut/church hall.

They are often after a source of extra income and you could also run a few free shooting sessions for the cubs.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:57 pm

pmh wrote:You could start your own local club.

All you need are a few target holders and a cub hut/church hall.

They are often after a source of extra income and you could also run a few free shooting sessions for the cubs.

Kind regards,

Phil
Thanks for the suggestion Phil, but i'm to long in the tooth for that mate, no i'll sell of what I don't need, and that includes the Jumbo lux, and the recently bought izh53m, will still shoot, but a lot more time on photography will not sell off for a month (thinking time) now off to a photo website to get away from the "Wobbly" threads. :roll: :lol: M. :)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:07 pm

zunmik wrote: Time For A Change writing this thread made me realise that I have more guns than I need even though its much less than I used to have, for 2-3 years I have mulled with the idea of reducing my shooting I think now i'm ready to finally. I already have a local gun-nut wanting my target pistols 3xco2, 1 6m, & 1 Compact, this leaves me still with 1 6m, 1 Compact. plus the Hw45 silver star. also my co2 TH78d c/w dioptre sights will go although little used & as new. I love bell target, but the journey to my club in the winter is a nightmare all narrow twisty country roads that become icy & fog bound so i'll give that up. I shall retain the "IZZIE" springer rifle for target shooting cos its great fun easy to shoot & very accurate. I will still shoot on line comps & should a more local club become available I would go, but that's it. I won't sell my gear for a month so I've got time to reconsider though its unlikely. I intend to treat my self to a new good bridge camera so that I can use auto sometimes, but can go manual for the more advanced stuff. I have put the thread here as in pistols it would soon get buried in an avalanche of wobbly threads. :roll: M. ;) :)
SADLY the pistols mentioned have now all gone. :cry: :( I have retained 2 target pistols, 2 springer pistols, & 2 target rifles. (I kept the TH78D)
SWMBO does not believe that I won't buy more guns!!, she reminds me that I have sold up twice before "women :roll: ", I have assured her I will not, ..................unless, possibly, maybe, er um, a minter pistol that's a bargain came along then maybe I might, purely as an investment of course :whistle: . No wobblies I Do Not wear rose coloured spectacles. Might consider a Zoraki Alecto mk1 or any proper pistols of course, M ;) :) :think: