Something Different

A place for anything general gun related, if there isn't already an appropriate sub forum.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Something Different

Post by Tank » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Not an Air Pistol so I thought this would be the best place. Story is, I have a couple of guys who let me use their workshop, yes - I know, lucky. I try not to take the Mickey. Anyway I was making a stand for one of my machines, that's the tube you see in the background on the Saw, when one of the guys brought this over to show me (they know I am repairing guns, I have fixed theirs!) and I was told that the owner had had it from new. It is not steel but an alloy and not a substantial one either, it is kept as a curiosity. The "Bullets" are a sort of "Snap Cap" as they are spring loaded, hitting the Primer part causes the bullet to spring forward a couple of millimetres.
It is not forward firing either, the barrel is solid with just this short drilling at the front, in fact it isn't firing at all, there is no blank round firing ability.
I would be interested in knowing anything about it.

graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Something Different

Post by bellringer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Tank Hi. I am not 100% sure, but something in the back of my mind thinks this gun with 'SMG' marked on it was possibly imported by Sussex Armoury [ now no longer trading] they imported replica guns, misc. militaria and Japanese replica products from the mid 70's onwards. I had a .357 S & W snub nose from the company many years ago and I think the 'SMG' logo was on it. They were probably not the only importers of this range of replicas as such guns were very popular in the 70's & 80's and lots of import companies sprung up at that time. Sadly I no longer have my gun so can't confirm it for sure, but maybe this will jog someones memory. Cheers bellringer

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Something Different

Post by Tank » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks for your note. I sort of half suspected the Sussex Armoury because of another link to them from something else (sounds mysterious but it's just my crap explanation) so I think you are right.
I would welcome any further input.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/