FB Record Jumbo

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
bellringer
Marksman
Marksman
FB Record Jumbo

Post by bellringer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi guys and gals happy New year to everyone. I'm looking for help with the proverbial needle in the haystack. I am looking for a breech seal and piston head for the said record jumbo. Posted on other forums, leads not replied to, sadly; so any help greatly appreciated.
Nice little pistol but the piston head looks pretty much impossible to make.
Cheers
bellringer

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: FB Record Jumbo

Post by zunmik » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:31 pm

When the firm closed after their fire, Drapers of Nottingham obtained all the spares (long ago) maybe some are left!. Mike.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Wow that's new info, thank you very much I will try them ASAP. Greatly appreciate the help. If I can get the gun working I will put photos and report on here.
Cheers bellringer

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi. Let me /us know if you ever find them. I've got a Jumbo that works but I'd like to have a spare seal or two. Thanks.
Webleys x5...BSA x3...BSF x2...Diana x 10...Weirauch x6...Crosman/Franklin x7...Gamo x5...Chiappas x1...Hatsan x1...
Browning x2...Feinwerkbau x1...Baikel x3...Cometa x2...FB Record x2...Hyscore x2...Westlake x1...etc...etc...

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Finally managed to get enough parts to service the Jumbo, so that's a success, many thanks to the guys who supplied me with spares, but again thanks to the efforts of a member on another forum, I have been given contact details for the existing company dealing in things ''record''. I have sent a parts request and will keep everyone up to date with the progress.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 am

" I have been given contact details for the existing company dealing in things ''record''"

Who is this please, it would be useful to know.

Thanks.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Cankiller

Post by Cankiller » Tue May 07, 2019 9:31 pm

bellringer wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 pm
Finally managed to get enough parts to service the Jumbo, so that's a success, many thanks to the guys who supplied me with spares, but again thanks to the efforts of a member on another forum, I have been given contact details for the existing company dealing in things ''record''. I have sent a parts request and will keep everyone up to date with the progress.
By all means ....What is the company with Record parts ?? Thanks
Webleys x5...BSA x3...BSF x2...Diana x 10...Weirauch x6...Crosman/Franklin x7...Gamo x5...Chiappas x1...Hatsan x1...
Browning x2...Feinwerkbau x1...Baikel x3...Cometa x2...FB Record x2...Hyscore x2...Westlake x1...etc...etc...

DrGunn

Post by DrGunn » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:08 pm

I acquired a Jumbo recently which was suffering from a failed pistol seal. Not being very optimistic I’d find a replacement, I set about making the jigs to form oval leather seals. This has brought the pistol back to life and its now running at around 325 FPS - better than new!