Lost My Marbles??

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Lost My Marbles??

Post by zunmik » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes probably!,I retired from shooting due to a knackered shoulder rightly, sold up all my guns, but recently got a Colt 1911, then @ the weekend bought a rifle !!, saw it in a shop fancied it even though its the wrong calibre .22, & certainly Not FT grade :? but i just fancied it & bought it & cos it was cheap " they lost the box", and have to admit i've got a big grin from shooting it even though my shoulder hurts like hell, & my 70 years + bones hurt like hell getting up @ down to shoot, yeah i've lost my marbles. :oops: :) mike. "Oh its a Swiss Arms TG1 (tan colour).
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Lost My Marbles??

Post by johnbaz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Hee hee!!

I pulled something in my right shoulder a few months ago then a few weeks ago I chopped a large Hawthorne down in my garden setting it off again!!, Can't put my arm out sideways or I get a piercing pain at the top outer edge of my shoulder!, I've not tried my Theoben Fenman since but I reckong it'll be screaming at me when I do!! :cry:

John :roll:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:39 am

Brrr, lost em again, not shot the TG1 for a couple of weeks so tried some back garden practice this morning, madness trying to get groups between shivers :oops: not recommended, after 20 frozen minutes regained my sanity, and returned to the company of a warm fire, Mike. :doh:

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:34 am

Hi Mike

Due to me getting on a bit and not wearing very well, I've decided to start thinning my collection down as i'd hate for the wife to be stuck with 156 guns and loads of spares if I suddenly snuff it yet I still keep looking in sales forums and freeads! :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's a job to stop myself buying some of the bargains that I occasionally see!!

John :P

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 pm

johnbaz wrote:Hi Mike

Due to me getting on a bit and not wearing very well, I've decided to start thinning my collection down as i'd hate for the wife to be stuck with 156 guns and loads of spares if I suddenly snuff it yet I still keep looking in sales forums and freeads! :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's a job to stop myself buying some of the bargains that I occasionally see!!

John :P

I've always been a shooter rather than a collector but even so have @ times had over a dozen guns as i could not resist a target pistol or ft rifle. however had a couple of sheds full of parts & accessories as i used to buy airguns to refurb & sell on as a hobby though never "Wobbly" pistols Yuk ;) Mike

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 pm

Zunmik, I had treatment in the form of painkillers for two years plus for Arthritis, only to find out I had an overgrown piece of bone on the top of the ''cup'' part of my shoulder joint, which trapped the cartilage and caused excruciating pain and reduced mobility; I had an operation called an '' excavation'' in which the projecting part was removed; I now have gone from about 40% movement to full in all directions. Maybe you could try this as an approach with your GP??. My job was in engineering [R & D] and on some days working with test machines I could move some 4 tons of steel in small ish rectangular blocks as well as all the usual lifting of jigs and tooling on and off racking, so my shoulders [and other bits] took a hammering.
I know what you are going through, been there, so accept my sympathy but do try and get your shoulder scanned, you have nothing to lose.
Cheers
bellringer

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:00 pm

bellringer wrote:Zunmik, I had treatment in the form of painkillers for two years plus for Arthritis, only to find out I had an overgrown piece of bone on the top of the ''cup'' part of my shoulder joint, which trapped the cartilage and caused excruciating pain and reduced mobility; I had an operation called an '' excavation'' in which the projecting part was removed; I now have gone from about 40% movement to full in all directions. Maybe you could try this as an approach with your GP??. My job was in engineering [R & D] and on some days working with test machines I could move some 4 tons of steel in small ish rectangular blocks as well as all the usual lifting of jigs and tooling on and off racking, so my shoulders [and other bits] took a hammering.
I know what you are going through, been there, so accept my sympathy but do try and get your shoulder scanned, you have nothing to lose.
Cheers
bellringer
Cheers buddy but had a fall whilst hill walking several years ago my shoulder was severely dislocated with damage to bone pivot points + 2 out of 4 main shoulder muscles torn after treatment ended up with 3 working muscles (one a bit iffy) lots of physio means i can use it moderately well so better off than some :) , Happy new Year, Mike.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:38 pm

Yup still lost my Marbles, age related issues continue to to plague my attempts to continue shooting, just down to plinking now the days of 10 mtr rifles/pistols & Ft rifles now a mere memory my knackered shoulders can't hold them. However enough doom & gloom i can still have fun,& i do . for pistol i shoot un unmolested browning Buckmaster c/w red dot sight, You can manage the heavy trigger without getting the dremell out. use this on knockdown & biathlon targets. i use a Gamo pr45for 6mtr target plinking & i've still got it!!.For rifle i tried a new hw30 stl, but even that was to much for my shoulders so had to go to for eek a nova vista spitfire pump rifle with red dot sight, the pump gun was a shock just 2 pumps is consistent @ 6yds the trigger although a little heavy is predictable & breaks very cleanly, recoilless of course, i use this on my bell target & do as well/or badly as i did yonks ago with my Fwb. the target has std 3/8 hole or can have larger size for pistol fun. Do have a grin @ my expense but that rifle keeps me shooting still, & its very accurate, use dot sight''s as eyesight iffy too. That's my update don't come on often as not a fan of the new name & format. Anyway even when U get old & doddery like me U can still have some "fun with a gun", Mike............... :? :doh:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Modern treatment means that for some time now i am back to 10 mtr pistol etc, so bounced back again, but still have'nt lost my marbles not easy to log on now says to many attempts after just 1 go perhaps "persona non grata" now??